Infolinks

Green Leaf Headline Animator

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Repairing the battery charger

Well, apparently I managed to fix my battery charger. What had happened to this charger was that I was actually trying to start my HD-21 bulldozer and had placed this unit on the "boost" setting and the starter switch became stuck. So before I could get off of the bulldozer and shut the charger off, it managed to shuck both diodes. Now if you do not know anything about diodes, whenever a diode fails like this it appears to you as an "open" circuit. A good way to think about them is a one way valve that only allows current to flow in one direction. Believe it or not, this is how they explain them in engineering school. But anyhow, when a diode fails like this you will not get anything to come out of the diode, but you will have ac on the incoming side. Now I will let you watch the video...

No comments:

Post a Comment